Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Hiding

My father always said that the phone was for our convenience. Which means that if it rings two billion times a day, I'm under no obligation to answer it. And so I'm not. This is a healing time, and I'm focusing on Eskimo kisses with Niko, and making Nina giggle, and trying to get my health under control so that I can feel almost human. Go to the bottom of this page and click on the song "Sora". I am going to sink under the waves for a while and let all of the extra noise pass me by. My real friends know how to find me, anyway.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hiding is certainly not a bad thing. Good for you for turning off the phone and taking time to enjoy your cute kids!

Katie said...

That is SO my philosophy ALL the time! And I always feel bad about it, but your Dad's right- own the phone, don't let the phone own you. If you're really hardcore, you can get rid of your answering machine like my Aunt...I'm not quite there yet, but her philosophy is that if it's important, they'll call back. It's kind of nice when I forget to call on her birthday...I can just say, Oh, I called, but I guess you were out! I hope you get some health back...