Monday, January 17, 2011

Why Am I Thinking Of The Rolling Stones?

At a time when my heart is breaking?


We were calling the triplets Winkin, Blinken, and Nod, but discovered today that Nod has passed away. It’s funny how you can become so attached to somebody that you haven’t met, but that’s the way of it. While I mourn for the child that we almost had, we’re still excited that we have what seem to be two very energetic twins, and that’s a blessing.

I do believe that things happen for a reason, even if it’s only to teach us strength and empathy. I wish that this wasn’t a lesson that I needed to learn, but that’s where the Stones come in. You can’t always get what you want. I just need to focus on the rest of those uplifting lyrics, and remember how much I believe in hope.

Thank you for your kindness concerning all of this. I’ve been a bit overwhelmed for a few weeks and haven’t been able to respond as personally as I would like to, but please know that you’re very appreciated.

7 comments:

Katie said...

I have no idea how this feels, or what to say, but if it's any small comfort, prayers are going up from Georgia tonight that you and Luke can have the understanding and comfort you need. We love you guys.

natemann said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! THERE IS SOMETHING SO MAGICAL WITH A BABAY BUT SOMETHING AMAZING WITH TWO. I AM THRILLED FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!!!

Jeff and Jessie said...

I have "lost" four babies. It will always be a tender place in my heart. The comment that hurts the worst? "Well, at least you have...insert number here". When in reality that child was real to me. And I want that one too. what I wish people would say to me? "I am so sorry." And it IS okay to cry. Like a lot."
What an adventure you are privileged to ride. You amaze me with your ability to live it with such grace.
Jessica (Taylor)

camille said...

Thinking of you. (((hugs))))

menina super poderosa said...

hi, folow me?

Trista said...

Bless you. We've dealt with many miscarriages and it's never easy. Especially when you work so hard to get prego period. You're in our prayers.

Pandemonium said...

I am so sorry, I carried around that diagnosis of Alobar HPE for a week before losing my baby at 14 weeks. It is so unreal, like a brutal slap. Some babies do live with the condition, I have read their stories online. Either way it is a difficult journey. My heart goes out to you.