Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Living At The Hospital

Journal Entry, March 5, 2004

So Niko and I practically live at Children's Hospital. Tests, tests, and more tests. Due to the folds of skin under his eyes, the heart murmur that never went away, the head tilt to one side... all signs point to...SOMETHING. Ah, that ever elusive something! When shall it be found, if ever? So far Cranialfacial has discovered...NOTHING. Next stops: Cardiology for a sedated echo, Physical Therapy for an evaluation of the head tilt, and a blood draw to test for possible William's Disease, having to do with the skin, connected to Chromosome Seven. that's all I know. I won't look it up, or worry, because we walk in and shoot down all their tests-- BLAM BLAM BLAM!!!-- and then blow the smoke from our barrels. I appreciate their thoroughness, and I appreciate their concern, but Niko is happy and is developmentally normal. I don't know what they expect to find.

No comments: