Saturday, August 12, 2006

Ode to the Hospital

June 1

How time flies. When I was a kid, June meant EVERYTHING. The beginning of summer, the end of school, long days playing out in the yard. Now I'm like, "Oh, is it June?" Waiting for Niko's bus again. This is the way to do it, with my trusty journal by my side! Catch up and enjoy being outside at the same time. Luke applied for a job in a different city, and chances look pretty good that he'll get it. Today I went to the hospital to pick up Niko's meds, and I kind of took a look around. I thought, "Hmmm, one of these days, one of these trips might be my last." The murals on the walls and the animal statues...they're so familiar! This hospital is just as much a part of Niko's life as church, or his developmental school, or the playground. When you anticipate your child's life experiences, you don't usually think of hospital walls, but sometimes that's the way it is. These people have made a big difference in our lives. You just can't forget that.

No comments: