Sunday, June 14, 2009

Niko's Test Result!

The pulmonary blockages are gone. Utterly gone. They were there when he was young, and they aren't there now. Happy day! His aorta is still narrow, but not severely. We're not looking at surgery; we're just going to be aware. And the best part is that he doesn't want to traumatize Niko, so we'll come back in a year. A year! We've never gone a year between heart appointments! I'm so happy!

Also, I had three pieces go up yesterday. A flash, a prose poem, and a regular poem. Three pieces in one day! I was pretty excited. If you're interested, you can read them here. I've decided that I'm interested in joining either the Horror Writer's Association (HWA) or the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America (SFWA). It gives me another goal to work toward. Anyway, I was updating my Published Works page, and it made me sit back and smile for a second. Hooray! They're mostly small markets, but I'm getting better. I'm learning and I'm not giving up. And this makes me happy. :) Take a quick peek, if you'd like. I'd love it if you would. http://abrokenlaptop.wordpress.com

All is well here.

4 comments:

Phil and Kelly said...

Congrats on the test result and your writing!! We are really happy for you. Hope to see you guys sometime soon.

Noel said...

I am so glad the cardio went well.
AND I am so proud of you for your writing!!!

Andrea, Mrs. said...

WONDERFUL NEWS! I'm so happy!

Alice Patterson said...

I haven't been on computer lately, so I just caught this particular blog. Niko's results sound exactly like my son's did when he was much younger. They have stayed good so far. He turns 14 this month and we only have to go in every 2 - 3 years now. I hope you continue to have the same good news.