Friday, July 24, 2009

I'm Going to be Happy



Luke took the kids to a family reunion four hours away. Originally I was going to go, but I asked if he'd mind giving me a chance to rest and reconnect with myself. They have been gone two hours, but already I feel so much more renewed. I have all of these plans: I want to make a bracelet. I want to write a story. I want to go to bed early and sleep in. I won't answer a single telephone call unless it's family. I'm going to let all of the house stress (the broken dryer, the broken vacuum, the broken garage door)and Niko/Nina stress and writing stress go. Do you know what I'm going to do? I'm going to be happy.

I wrote a brief post on it here.

3 comments:

Laura said...

What an adorable picture!

Enjoy your time alone.

Laura Oler said...

Love the picture! I hope you enjoy your own time. I could use a bit of that sometime soon!

Katie said...

She is such a cutie- and her mom's daughter! I wish you wonderful moment's of solitude.