Monday, March 13, 2006

Sick Moms = Happy Nikos

October 23, 2005

Do you know what happens when you run yourself insanely ragged and you don't get enough sleep? You get sick. At inopportune times. So Luke left on Thursday to fly home for the deer hunt. I got a sore throat and stuffy head that night, really felt it on Friday, absolutely considered myself dead on Saturday, started to reanimate on Sunday and by Monday I was almost all better, just in time to pick Luke up at the airport. Which wouldn't be too bad, this being sick, except that I HAD NIKO. Let me just say that I'm very proud of my ability to clack all of my dead bones together and force myself to dress Niko, feed Niko...play with Niko and brush his teeth and read him stories and calm his crying in the night. He's been waking up three or four times a night every night lately. My eyes feel like shattered glass all of the time.

So apparently I'm starting (or co-starting) a support group for Mom's with disabled kids. Our first meeting is Tuesday, at my house. We'll see how it goes. Do I really have the time for this? But then, what else takes priority over my son?

No comments: