Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Mercedes Song

Some people I know are putting together a playlist of everybody's theme songs. This is the one song that you think of when you think of yourself.

There's the rub, right? I have about four or five theme songs, but the Song Nazis demand that I narrow it down to one. This will actually require a bit of enjoyable thought. Right off the top of my head I think of "Under The Water" by Merril Bainbridge, or "Come Back From San Francisco" by The Magnetic Fields, but there are so many others. I have always wanted to ask people what songs remind them of me, and make a mix. It would be fun to see what other people associate you with.

Paula Abdul makes me think of Janyece, and the Cranberries make me think of '80. Creed is Riley, "I Know Him So Well" is Pypes. Everything old makes me think of Luke. "Have You Seen Her" by the Chi-Lights and "Red Rubber Ball" by The Cyrkle.

If you have a Mercedes song, let me know, would you? I might make that mix after all. :)

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh, that's a tough one! I always think of you when I listen to Magnetic Fields - it reminds me of walks around Greenlake. And there's a song by Bree Sharp called "Faster Faster" that's very pulp fiction, which I think you'd appreciate. And "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots" by The Flaming Lips is your kind of fabulous, as well, I think.

Belkycita said...

um funny you ask.
Every time I hear "I got you babe" I think of you and Luke.
"love shack" reminds me of you as well "you're the one that I want" and "my immortal"
Every time I hear those songs I can see you and Luke in my head dancing and singing.
Now if Carl Jackson was asking, I would say "Oops I did it again"

Unknown said...

When I hear Heart or Queen, I think of you. Especially "All I Want to Do is Make Love to You". (Maybe you can remind me why that is...) A lot of classic rock reminds me of you actually because it makes me think of when we were kids.

Unknown said...

Have I ignored you so long that I am now synominous with CREED? that's just wrong. the problem is our taste is so much the same. you can't say oh he's New Radicals, or third eye blind. could you? that would of been better. ;-)