Sunday, December 14, 2008

Hello, I've Met My Match!

I think that maybe I have been taking too much on. My body has been crying out things like, "Stop!" and "Give me rest!" and "I hate you!" for a while now, and today I just sort of hit a wall. Dizzy, feverish, hot and cold, only there wasn't anything I could do about it because it is Sunday, and Sunday is NOT a day of rest, I don't know who says that. Oh, yes, that would be our Lord. But it was 7:30 and Luke had spent the entire day in his suit, he was so busy. I finally called in sick to a meeting that I should have been at, but it seriously wasn't going to happen. Also, I started taking my medicine again, because I so desperately want to feel better, but it...always makes me more sick. Gr.

I have a lovely list of library books to read! Neil Gaiman's Fragile Things: Short Fictions and Wonders, and Roberto Bolano's Nazi Literature in the Americas. Something by Jonathan Kellerman, whom I still enjoy. An off-the-wall thriller written by a woman whose name I can't remember. I haven't had a chance to crack a book since I checked them out, but soon, I hope!

It never feels like Christmas in a land without snow, but I hear there might be a massive snowstorm hitting...wait for it...wait...Las Vegas! Which would just be awesome. I'm comfortable with it, I can drive in it, and you won't find me on my knees sobbing because I don't know how to navigate to the store. Maybe it'll make it feel like Christmas. Maybe it'll stun everybody enough that they'll be forced to take a break.

I met with some friends yesterday at an internet cafe and we were all writerly. Kind of. I had a hard time forcing myself to work because my brain was all over the place. Somebody asked me a question, and I was looking at his face when suddenly I realized that the last words out of his mouth had that inquisitive cadence, that they had gone up at the end of the sentence, and that means that a question had been asked.

"I'm sorry, what did you say? I was thinking about rabbits," I said (I actually said!) and I hope they don't kick me to the curb because I can't keep my thoughts in my thought basket sometimes.

Also, hooking up with old friends on Facebook? So awesome.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thought basket? Who needs one of those! I like letting them float around like butterflies. They're fun to watch!

Okay, get someone to come watch the kids so you can relax!!! That's good every now and again. I'd love to if you'll fly me out there! ;)

We won't get snow here either. It's supposed to be a high of 65 today. *sigh*