Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's Snowing in Vegas!!!


Cars are running off of the road in gleeful ecstasy! Hot chocolate is being doled out in portions previously never heard of before! All is well with the world.

Niko came home from school today with construction paper antlers (made out of his handprint) and a dab of red fingerpaint on his nose.

"He's Rudolph," the bus driver explained, and this was quite a reasonable explanation, and made me happy. I left the paint on so that Luke can see him. He's lying on his back killing my characters on my PS2 game (Final Fantasy XII, the most boring FF game that I have ever, ever seen!) and Nina is tottering around on her pretty little legs, practicing this walking thing. This girl is a dancer, there's no doubt about it.

I have hooked up with some in-town writing friends, and it's been really nice! Previously it was only June and I, and now there are three more! My cold, black heart is going to burst with joy, I just know it. And wouldn't that be a splendid way to go?

I'm watching the snow fall. It reminds me of home, and I can't wait to spend Christmas Eve with my parents. I finally overcame that wall that I had been beating myself against, whether you call it "Writer's Block" or "a quiet time" or "an incubation period" or simply "a darkness of the soul" where I wanted to create, but couldn't. It's like being told that you're going to eat oatmeal for every meal of every day for the rest of your life, or that the world will be colored beige from now on: you know that you're going to survive but you're not really sure if you want to. Anyway, I reported on my success and the reasons behind it at http://abrokenlaptop.wordpress.com/

2 comments:

Nordstrom's said...

Snow in Vegas...awesome. Want some of ours?

Unknown said...

Oh! I hope you got a picture of Niko the red-nosed reindeer!

I wish I were drinking hot chocolate and watching the snow fall! Jealous!! We did make muddy buddies with the kids tonight. It was a recipe on the back of a chex mix box and it was so easy! Xander loved being able to shake the bags at the end! Very kid friendly.

I'm glad you're through your "whatever" stage! I hope you're adding to Daemon!! ;)