Monday, August 15, 2005

Angry In Isolation





Journal Entry Tuesday, December 14, 2004

I can't get a straight answer from anybody. So many nurses parade in and out...one says that he has pneumonia. One says that he has RSV. One says that he has bronchialitis. What I DO know is that we have been in this hospital room since Sunday night, and that we have been put on isolation. No hospital staff may enter the room without masks, gloves, and gowns. Nobody stays long. Nobody tells me what's going on! One nurse tried to double dose Niko with medicine. I said, "Is that his propranolol?" She looked annoyed and said yes. I told her that he had been given propranolol by another nurse less than 15 minutes before. She whitened a little bit, and it did nothing to temper my anger at being left in the dark. I have been told not to socialize with other parents, please. Not to go into the lobby. Not to be around the food. When they bring Niko's dinners, they put the trays outside the door on the floor. THIS is a very bad feeling.

No comments: