Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Second Birthday

Journal Entry, May 2, 2005

Niko's birthday was not too long ago...two years old! The best part was that Mom and Dad came up. They could only stay two days but they were so fun and so helpful. Mom swept the floor and Dad mopped, and they both changed and spoiled Niko, and thereby spoiled me.

The party was fun. All of our friends came. They brought Cookies (for the Cookie Monster party) and Niko, of course, reveled in the attention. A room full of people who genuinely love my son. Luke took a video and Jason held Niko and helped him blow out the candles on the cake...who's the parent here, anyway?! I thought it was pretty funny. Luke made the Cookie Monster cake, and the first thing Niko did was pull off and suck on one of the googly eyes. He sat in his high chair and ate fistfuls of cake. I just kind of stood back and watched him, remembering his birthday last year and how he choked immediately on the cake, throwing it up. Mom put her arm around me and looked at me, and I could tell that she remembered the same thing. After all, she helped bathe him and change him into clean clothes after the last cake "fiasco". We looked back at Niko and both started to laugh. Really, things can't get too much better than this.

No comments: