Monday, August 15, 2005

Sick As A Dog

Journal Entry Wednesday, September 15, 2004

I have been sick as a dog for the last two days. Did I say sick as a dog? I meant SICK AS A DOG. Saturday and Sunday I had strange spots all over my body, then they went away. Monday I woke up with this killer headache that only increased in intensity (how can this be?!) Nowhere on the pillow (or earth) was comfortable. Different positions caused my body to hurt in different ways. Unfortunately (because I felt so terribly) and fortunately (because I felt so terribly) Dad had come up and took Niko so I didn't have to worry. Yesterday was worse! Not the nausea, but the sheer physical pain- I felt like I had fallen from a seven story window and landed on my back. Everything felt broken...I got up a couple of times and each step completely jarred my back and shoulders. The worst part was not being able to pick up Niko. It's Wednesday and I still don't have the strength to pick him up. But I found happiness today as he lay beside me on the bed, staring wide-eyed at me with his fizzy hair tickling my nose. I have a new appreciation for how he must feel when he's not feeling well.

No comments: