Monday, August 15, 2005

Niko's New Class

Journal Entry Wednesday, September 22

I'm resentful lately of doling out parcels of time to people that I don't want to see, friendships that I don't necessarily want to cultivate. I think of that Smiths song, "In my life, why do I give valuable time to people I'd much rather kick in the eye?" I value time alone, I treasure it, I guard it jealously, because it is in such short supply.

That said, Niko started his 18 month to 3 years classes at his new school. He really loves them: 2 1/2 hours of play time, gym time, song time, snack time, and more play time. While there, he also does two hours a week of physical therapy, half and hour of eating therapy, and half an hour of speech therapy. He's really doing well, and has his first two teeth in (on top) and is crawling now! He pulls himself to stand on furniture, and especially on me. I'm really proud of him, my little Niko-freak. His Classes are Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and I have to admit that it's hard for me to grit my teeth and go constantly. Sometimes I feel guilty that some women seem to enjoy staying home, love playdates and keeping a clean house, and I hate it so badly. But hate it or not, I go, because it's the right thing to do. Because it's helping my son. Because somehow I believe that it will make things better.

No comments: