Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ray Finds a Home

I just sold a story that I am extremely, extremely fond of to Flash Fiction Online. I received an email from the editor last night asking if I would like to publish "Ray the Vampire" in their Halloween issue. We'll have to edit it extremely fast, but we're going to do it!

"Ray the Vampire" is the short story that I based my novel off of, and its sequel. It all started here. He is my favorite character. I even have Ray fan art, drawn by an extremely talented girl that I know. I'll stick it up when the issue is out.

And Dawn racked up some acceptances, too! Arkham Tales and A Fly in Amber. Yay, us!

You know, I needed this. Sometimes it feels like my natural emotional level is set at "melancholy" and I am constantly searching for ways to bump it higher. The garbage man's rhythmic "flying bag" dance, Niko's first field trip (it's Niko's first field trip today! I can't wait to report on it when he triumphantly returns!) Nina's open mouthed kisses. I find myself literally grasping at things sometimes in order to fill the tank, and I'm only sorry that that euphoric feeling doesn't last longer. That's one of the reasons that I like writing, however. I can put my feelings on paper, and sometimes...you get a sale.

4 comments:

Aaron Polson said...

Congrats on the acceptatnce--and thanks for dropping by.

Dawn Allison said...

Wah wah wah? Wa Wah!!!!

Dawn Allison said...

I'm jealous of your eyeball. I want one! Sure. I have two. But they're not that cool! You have the best eyeball!
And you HAVE to tell me how you do that magic thing where you're like you can find this HERE and it's underlined, and you click on it, and it TAKES YOU SOMEWHERE!!! Share your ancient wisdom and knowledge with me!
Oh. And also congratulations. Thanks for dropping by with your eyeball.

Unknown said...

I am so excited for ray and I can't wait to hear about Niko's field trip! I know what you mean about moods. I feel like mine is constantly set to "worry".