Friday, October 10, 2008

Today

I sat down at the piano and played for the first time in a long time. We went to the library; we went to lunch. I wore purple heels and Ruby Woo in the middle of the day. We went to a cupcake shop, and managed not to buy anything. Did I write? No. But I read. And ate with chopsticks. And got yelled at by my friend because I am a coward and I'm afraid of writerly rejection, and every other kind, too. Friends get to yell at friends because they earn it, and her ranting made me feel better. I rode a grocery cart, and rubbed noses with my kids. I felt sad for no reason at all, and disentangled Nina's leg from the slats of her crib, and wrapped Niko up in my old Sesame Street baby blanket. And now I get to go to bed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a see-saw of emotions! Bed sounds like a great plan to me too. Sweet dreams!